Monday, February 6, 2012

About That New Year's Resolution

I know, I know... two posts a month and I have already failed! Maybe I will do three this month. Anyways... I'm back from Tampa and the show was an AMAZING success! I have never been more proud to be part of a production, especially after Wednesday's performance. Our director continuously tells us to do the work and to make new discoveries and it was so awesome to see every actor in the cast, even the young ones, do just that. I got to take the Overseer to a deeper, darker place... which was terrifying, but it was so neat to be so in character that I did not even feel like it was me making the decisions to do what I was doing. Doing the work used to mean learning the lines and the blocking, but now it is apparent that that is the easy part. Learning how to BE your character is the real work. Anywho, all this talk about the show is making me miss Florida and the beautiful weather. And of course the beach...


I also have news that the show may be booking a gig in Michigan sometime soon (through the rumor mill) so that would be exciting to keep booking things! As for local performances, there are two! One on Friday, February 17th at 8 pm and one on Saturday, February 18th at 2 pm at the F. Scott Fitzgerald Theatre in Rockville, MD. It will be a lot of fun to do the show again in the place where I originally performed this role and to see how much different it truly is. For more information you can go to this link:

http://www.rockvillemd.gov/theatre/calendar.html?DISPLAYMODE=DisplayEvent&DETAILEVENT=00A48A4E5FBE2383D7392D9ED2B1BA5D

Otherwise, I will be traveling to NYC in a few weekends to check out my dear friend's directorial debut (outside of NYU) with her production of Chekov's The Cherry Orchard. So be on the lookout for a post about that, and more information about tickets and such!

No comments:

Post a Comment