Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Venus in Furs

A few weeks ago I was contracted to do some press photographs for The Studio Theatre's production of Venus in Furs. The photos are now up on the theatre's web-site, which is really exciting news for me because I am now officially a professional photographer! What's even more exciting was that the work goes exactly along with what I went to college for and what I specialized in. You can see the photos at this link : Venus in Furs Press Photos







The production will star actors Christian Conn as Thomas, the playwright-director of an adaptation of Leopold van Sacher-Masoch's novel Venus in Furs, and Erica Sullivan as Vanda, the seductive actress auditioning for the role of the character mirroring Wanda von Dunajew (the novel's central female character) who in the context of the novel made her male lover her sex slave. As interesting as the synopsis sounds, I hope that my photos make an addition to the intrigue of purchasing tickets for this performance!

sb.imagery

All images owned and copyrighted by Scotty Beland.

No comments:

Post a Comment