Thursday, July 29, 2010

Impossible Things Are Happening Everyday

Rodgers and Hammerstein undoubtedly left a mark on the world of musical theatre. Penning dozens of scores including Oklahoma, The Sound of Music, The King and I, Carousel and South Pacific. Included in this roster of unforgettable, legendary musicals is that of Cinderella.



I had the pleasure of seeing a production of this show on Sunday, and I have to say that the company did a wonderful job! St. Mary's Summerstock is a... well... summerstock program in Southern Maryland for performers under the age of 21 to come audition and put on a show. The show was very well executed on all counts and the talent within the cast was great. Definitely worth travelling out to see. The night I went to watch, the title role and that of Prince Christopher were played by the understudies, Kylie Oosterink and Nicholas Browne. They did a wonderful job! Coincidentally, when I returned to take pictures today, they were playing these roles again, so the following pictures are of the understudies mentioned. I am including 9 photos from the production to tell the story... I hope you enjoy!

Nicholas Browne as Prince Christopher (L) and Kylie Oosterink as Cinderella (R).

From Left to Right: Kylie Oosterink, Rachel Baylor, Alanna Adams, and Alina Stone.

Kylie Oosterink as Cinderella.

Kylie Oosterink (L) and Nicholas Browne (R) waltz at the ball.

Alanna Adams as Grace (L) and Alina Stone as Joy (R).

Nicholas Browne (L) and Kylie Oosterink (R).



Matt Dowdle as Lionel (L), Nicholas Browne (C) and Kylie Oosterink (R).




There are four more chances to see this show! You can call 301-475-4200 Ext. 1800 for more information or to reserve your tickets now! If you do go, I really hope you enjoy the performance as much as I did, and also hope you enjoyed looking through this post! I'll be writing again soon about some other personal undertakings that I am going through that I can't wait to tell you about!


All images owned and copyrighted by Scotty Beland.

No comments:

Post a Comment