Friday, June 8, 2012

Dance Is An Art...

... Paint your dream and follow it. —Steven Thompson

I am very blessed to have shot with some of the most prominent, professional theatres in the DC area. Theatre photography is my niche (naturally) and I thoroughly enjoy running with it and creating art through another artists' form of expression. It is almost like appropriation: They create the art and I take what they have made and call it my own. Gee, thinking about it that way makes my job sound easy!

It is no wonder I have branched out into other types of performance to photograph. Dance in this case...


The Dance Institute of Washington will be celebrating their 25th Anniversary this year, and I was selected to create some images for their marketing efforts. Yesterday's shoot was with a couple of young dancers who are enrolled in the pre-professional program at DIW. We were fortunate to get some great raw photos of them (see above!). I am really looking forward to editing these and sharing them with you all (clearly the doors in the background need to GO)!



All images owned and copyrighted by Scotty Beland.

No comments:

Post a Comment